Stories of the road
- (2021) Catch-22 from Great Scientists, Great Failures (on YouTube from the 50th Annual Society for Neuroscience storytelling session).
General interest science
- (2017) Precommitment: A way around temptation” Frontiers for Young Minds, a journal for kids, with articles reviewed by kids.
- Brain and the Poetic Mind (Psychology Today - ongoing blog)
- Morality and Community
- Process and Normative models
- The action on the field (Football I)
- The perceptual arms race (Football II)
- Separating strategy from execution on the field (Football III)
- Learning the playbook and learning from tape (Football IV)
- Peacemaking among primates (Football V)
Tips and thoughts on academia
- L. K. McLoon, A. D. Redish (2018) “Demystifying graduate school: Navigating an PhD in neuroscience and beyond” Journal of Undergraduate Neuroscience Education (JUNE) 16(3):A203-A209.
- Watching out for Ol' Doc Murphy (Scientopia - ongoing blog)
Videos of talks
- (19 February 2020) Cross-species translation through computational analyses - implications for understanding and modifying psychiatric treatments (IPAM / UCLA)
- (21 November 2018) 2018 Dean’s Distinguished Lectureship Presentation (Redish & Vinogradov)
- (30 November 2016) Computational Psychiatry (University of Minnesota Psychiatry Grand Rounds)
- (26 September 2016) Learning for Life Sampler (1st of three talks)
- (26 June 2014) TedX-UMN: The mind within the brain – how we make decisions and how those decisions go wrong.
Podcasts and interviews
- (8 June 2021) Clarity4Action: Implications beyond the neuroscience
- (17 Sept 2019) The Upgrade podcast: How to be a better decision maker
- (4 Feb 2019) UTSA Neuroscientists talk shop: Future Frameworks in Theoretical Neuroscience Workshop, Part I
- (13 April 2018) State of Minds Podcast (with Kate Sytnik) [mp3]
- (14 September 2017) UTSA Neuroscientists talk shop: Neural Codes of Navigation Symposium
- (9 November 2015) Exploring Mental Time travel
- 2nd place winner AAMC Basic Research Video Contest (Research Means Hope).
- (8 April 2015) The One You Feed with Eric Zimmer
- (14 October 2014) BCBT: Convergent Science Network Podcast on Thoughts, discussions, and achievements in neurobiology, biomimetic and biohybrid systems
- (26 June 2014) Neuropod: Rat regret
- (9 June 2014) PM with Mark Colvin: Rats have regrets too
- (17 Oct 2013) New Books Network: Big Ideas (The mind within the brain – how we make decisions and how those decisions go wrong)
- (24 Sept 2013) Reading at the University of Minnesota Bookstore
- (23 May 2022) NeuroPRSMH: Tackling psychiatric illness using translational models and computation (WebsEdgeMedicine)
- [see also neuroprsmh.umn.edu]